Saturday, October 10, 2009

Another Saturday morning but cold out there.

Another cell phone purchase that is a serious contender is the Blackberry Storm 2 not yet released. Vinny took a seat beside me showing his original Storm and his model doesn’t have wifi, unlike the new Storm 2 apparently has. At least according to the YouTube promo videos I’ve seen of it in comparison. He says I should see Jay as he works the Bell Canada booth over there in Bonnie dune Mall. That would mean a Saturday afternoon trip after work. Vinny said he pays $64/month for unlimited Internet and evenings and weekend calling. I think that plan comes with the Fun 20 bundle but I’d want Sirius satellite radio so I an listen to Hardcore Sports talk radio and that‘s an extra $8/month.
I left out of here at my usual time with Anne but she walked to feed the birds and then made her way to work. I caught my bus as I watched her. The bottleneck up here by Michael’s had me a bit worried she’d get to her train and on it before the bus got there. Then the bus has to stop at the two steps on the way but on the last stop behinds the theaters I could see her on the sidewalk working her way down. The bus pulled into Clairview terminal as I waited on the platform for her and we took the train in together. It was nice.

I got my cheque with pause times deducted but it was still around 19.5 hours due to my Lodge meeting last week. This wont happen during the next one because we’ll be doing mornings. Some days next week I’ll be on the train at 8:10am for the 3.5 hours. Yes I know I’ll lose the half hour but I plan on putting in a few split shifts and next week we’re apparently starting the 6 hour Saturday shift so that’s going to help.
However this weekend is thanksgiving weekend and that means I go in for today and I get Sunday and Monday off. Wuwho! Last night the Eskimos were ahead by 31-27 against BC with less then a minute remaining in play. BC’s receiver was covered by 2 guys that almost collided with each other.

With 12 seconds left in the game our kicker has a 60 yard field goal attempt to tie the game. No way. It fell short and wide anyway.

Last night on the job was dismal. The calls were slow and the customer was being obstinate. I was glad to get out of there with my $3 in debts owed my empties (lots of them) and over to Audrey’s. I asked to renege on the two Jim Butcher novels. Sorry Jim but I’m not ready to tackle Urban fantasy just yet. I got my last Star Wars book and a Dave Duncan fantasy duology. There. I’m done the 27 books I had acquired there in May.

Anne said if I just wanted to come strait home no problem. She was getting off at 9pm herself. We had the Esks game on TV at work. I looked for her to get on the train but I didn’t see her at The Bay station just after 9pm. I got in did some admin stuff and she walked in a few minutes later. Other then work dragging, it was a good day. In fact it was an even better week despite the Oiler’s loosing to Calgary Thursday and the Esks losing last night. There is hope the Oiler’s will pull off a win when they play the Habs here at Rexall place tonight. But tonight I’ve got nothing on before 8pm. Nothing on Sunday but the oil is on the road in Nashville Monday and I’ll be watching that game. More latter.

Anyway gang, that’s about all for now

Jim

No comments: