Saturday, October 17, 2009

Another sleepless Friday

After doing my banking last night I got home about 9:30pm and I wanted to find out how well the Oiler’s were doing with the Wild in town. I caught the finale minute as the Oiler’s won 5-2. Wow. Penner and Brule each got goals. Wow. At the rate Penner is going he’s going to become a 30 goal scorer he’s already got 5 so far and Brule at least 3. Anne came home immediately after and gave me shit because I took out $200. That was supposed to go towards the cable bill. So now I’ve got to go back to the bank on my way in and re deposit that so she can pay our cable/internet bill this afternoon. I screwed up. I’ll get off at Central and quickly run up and deposit the cash and then head down to Tim’s and get a bite to eat.

I went to bed about 12:45am and then listened to a bit of Coast. I got maybe an hour sleep but couldn’t sleep after that. I went back to sleep about 5am and the alarm woke me for 6am. I got 2 hours or so of sleep. I don’t feel too bad but Anne doesn’t want me to work a full afternoon. The extra 2 hours won’t make much of a difference.

Last night wow. I ended up getting my paycheck no bonus money (through out the office actually) I’ve seen this happen before when management pays out too much bonus money. Also some people are going to have their wages reduced. What? But I had a fairly good night anyway. Last night I got 6 cards for $375 on cards and $565 on total. And our office is last and we’re paying out too much bonus money? Already just me working part time this week I’ve pulled in $655 in credit cards.

Anyway, I’m going in for my 4 hours. Nothing more nothing less. Actually Steve from Vancouver was in today. I wonder if this had anything to do with the lack of bonus money and wage rollbacks?

The good news is the Esks won 22-19 (Argos came close) and the Oilers won here 5-2. Last year the Wild’s record against the Oiler’s was 4-2. It’s been a good short week what with it being Thanksgiving on Monday, Thursday off for the emergent meeting, it’s been a nice week.
This morning, I’m at my bank down to Tim’s and get some breakfast and then put my 4 hours in and then home get my Max ticket and have a bite to eat and a little nap then dig into “The Space Wolf.” This weekend is mostly going to be a reading weekend. I’ve had enough TV.
On Coast last night Richard Hoagland was talking about Nasa’s Moon mission. I didn’t listen to a lot of the details but it looked like a good show. And of course they talked about the balloon boy episode of a couple of days ago.

I’m looking at the markets and the DJIA is down from breaking over 10,000 points. Nice to see that going strong. But what bothers me is why are we in a recession here in Alberta when Oil is sitting at $75 in October? I have an answer. It’s based upon bad policy Stelmach received last year to increase oil revenues. What was he smoking? More on this later.
 
Anyway gang, that’s about all for now

Jim

No comments: