Saturday, October 24, 2009

We had to take Pledges in yesterday morning to be put down. Toughest day of my life

This time yesterday Anne and I were having a Tim’s breakfast at Corona Station. It was her idea to take the South Campus train to the end of the line as our Clairview home train was pulling in. We would have been home a half hour earlier.

I’m almost over Pledges now. Anne kept me home so I could spend time with Pledges which is why I was never able to work extra shifts. Now that’s changed. Beginning this week, I’m Monday 5-9, Tuesday 1-9, Wednesday 1-9, Thursday 5-9, Friday 5-8:30 and Saturday, 10-4:30pm. That’ll get me 32.5 hours. Beginning this week. There are a few things I want:

Firstly, to get Boots looked after so he can become a member of the family. No one can replace Pledges. I’ve seen lots of family cats but nobody as affectionate as he was. He really loved me and I love him. Always will and each day I’ll think of him but it’s also time to move forward. Second: I want that Blackberry Storm 2. Also I want to pick up a re loaded bank of Montreal Visa gift card. I’ve got a special project I’m looking at starting. I also want a laptop so I can sit out there with my wife in the living room instead of being cooped up in here, which she doesn’t like. Plus, I’m seriously thinking about getting an American Husky cross puppy as a service dog for my diabetes. These are cute animal, very playful and are capable of being housebroken for apartments. They use cat litter boxes. Also, this one might not cost me anything. I can get her from one of the guys at work. I don’t know how Anne will feel about this. She’s considering adapting Boots that’d be tolerable but a puppy? This wont be until the new year if at all.
Anne gave me my allowance for the weekend. My usual $20. Of this I owe $4 from last nights miserable loss against Calgary 30-7 to Warren. If he shows today, I’ll give him that. Then I thought wait now, I haven’t bought a book at Audrey’s since about October 10th. But I already bought 7 books. The last of the 2 Jedi Order books, the 3 Brent Weeks books and the 2 Dave Duncan novels. I think I’m good for this month. I got a small bag of chips for this evenings Oiler’s/Flames game for later tonight.

Nobody won on the Max last night so it goes up to $40M. A winner was selected for the $323,062.00 prize. That’s 6 numbers including the bonus number. I got 2 numbers on 3 lines. I’m getting ready for the $50M. I might get a 6/49 $13M ticket at the Redi mart on the way home and a Max ticket. That’ll be $7 on tickets.

I‘m working until 2pm for today since I’m working off of yesterdays loss. Anne worked last night for 3 hours. She went out to the South Side for a Royal Pizza for us. I don’t like their Pizza’s. not enough crust. But lately I’ve been craving for a Wendy’s double bacon cheese burger combo and I might just walk over and treat myself before the game. Have a nap if I need one and when Anne leaves for work, head on over. This way she doesn’t need to make me anything for tonight.
Last night Art Bell was filling in for George Noory on the Lunar Hoax conspiracy. There‘s a lot of compelling evidence against the Apollo 11 moon landing by Neil Armstrong. One that sinks it for me is the Van Allen radiation belt. The Lunar module was coated with 3 inches of aluminum and apparently that was enough to prevent the occupants from being exposed?
Then there‘s the pristine condition of the film. There’s lots of other evidence as well out there. It was a pretty good show.

Anne was hinting at Bragging rights. It’s a new PPV WWE concept but we can’t really afford it. Besides, when I get home from work this afternoon I want to catch what’s left of the BC Lions/Riders game on at 3:30pm today and tonight there’s the Oiler’s/Calgary. Sunday night I’m watching the Oiler’s in Vancouver. Lots of sports this weekend.

The other day our WM emailed me asking about doing the EA charge. I’d like to but there’s not enough notice and what with Pledges going yesterday etc it’s been a busy month. First we had Pat and Berry here on the 7th. Then I had that memory work for the FC exam and now Pledges being put down plus the hour changes on the job.

Robert J. Sawyer is one of my favorite Canadian SF writer. I’ve met him on several occasions and had 2 of his novels signed. Last April 23rd there’s a photo of him and I at Audrey’s. RJS with ABC TV has recently released “FlashForward” based upon a popular novel of his. I’ve been trying to find out what channel and time this show is on but so far I haven’t been able to find it in the TV listings. Most likely it’s in the evening while I’m at work. I’m going to look for it this week and make sure I get a chance to see it. I think it’s in it’s 4th episode right now.

Also sometime this weekend I want to get back into reading “The Space Wolf.” I’ve spent way too much time on this book. I began it August 31st. To be fare it’s only been 8 weeks, so that’s not too bad. I’ve got possibly another week left as I’m aiming to finish at the end of this month. Then I can go on to read Sherri S. Tepper’s “The family tree.”

Also, I’ve been wanting to pick up on some of Rich Horton’s “Years Best” anthology’s. He has Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror genre’s. Also this month I’m going to pay a visit to the 82nd Ave Wee Book Inn. Apparently according to one of the guys at work WBI has a lot of the old Edgar Rice Burroughs’s and John Norman novels as well as a lot of Ace doubles. I think he’s reading “I am a barbarian.” He said he paid $2.50 for it. Sounds like I’ll be heading over there one of these Friday nights soon. Today’s been a long entry. I had lots of stuff to cover.

Anyway gang, that’s about all for now

Jim

No comments: