Saturday, September 26, 2009

We're getting a heavy wind storm out there

this evening that began about 4:30pm Saturday, it died down a little.

I'm happy to report that I've reached a decision about which Smart phne I'm going to buy: The Iphone 3Gs. I like the S because it can shoot and upload video to YouTube right from the phone. I like it's other features as well and now there is "Documents to Go" for the Iphone. Also, with Viigo I can listen to AM radio. This is great for listening to Edmonton Oiler broadcasts while there's say half an hour left in the game and I'm heading home. The data/phone plan is $60/month for a half Gb and unlimited evenings and weekend calling time. Plus theres a direct link to Apples Itunes. Those are just some of the features that brought me to this decision. THe only thing I don't l ike is that its a 3 year contract.

I'm just over the half way point of "The Space Wolves" Omnibus. With about 60 pages remaining in the 2nd book. I'm finding this part a little bit of a yawn with a lot of SF cliches. I'm going to try and finish the 2nd book today. At Goodreads there are 63 ratings and 8 reviews on this Omnibus. I'm enjoying this book but it seems a bit stillted in parts. I also want to read Joe Abercrombie's "First Law" series. Audrey's has the first 2 in Trade.

Friday I ordered the 1st 3 of John Ringo's "Poslene war" and the New Space Opera 2. But I hink on Monday I'm going to call and order 4 of Steven Erikson's "Books of the Fallen." I need "House of chains," "Midnight tides," "Reapers gale," and "Toll the hounds" is already there in the shelves.

Anyway gang, that's about all for now

Jim

No comments: