Friday, September 25, 2009

It's a nice looking Friday out there

Looks like a decent enough day out there.

I’m going in at my usual time and I’m going to bring my pay stubs with me and bring everything together for bm this afternoon. He’s got a lot to go over there so I don’t expect I’ll get my VP next Friday or anything. But I’m going to put the VP request in for the full amount, YTD. Not a friggin $34 crap either. I’ll write on the release pay I should be getting back the full amount as well from this cheque. There was no overpayment. I never had anything like what the amount that last Dec 19 email said, on any of my pay stubs. But I’ll bring this all in for bm this afternoon. I’m not expecting any bonus money this cheque. I’m only expecting my full 23.5 hours. But I’ll go in see what I can do and get my cheque and the empties. Anne says I don’t need to go to the bank because she got paid today. If I get my $20 I’ll have enough for a book. If my vacation pay comes back in full next week then I’ll be able to get all my special order books there.

I’m going to try the new Lotto max soon. If there’s still time to get the Friday draw or get the draw for Saturday’s 6/49. Since nobody won it Wednesday it’s an estimated $8. Wednesdays draw was $3,441,246.00. Not quite $4M but I’ll take even 2nd place.

Anne’s out spending our rent money. Good thing we have a bit of savings but those savings are dwindling fast and we haven’t yet heard from CRHC. No doubt our application is still in a slush pile in somebody’s intake tray. And most likely since Anne had changed her jobs a couple of times we had the employment details filled in, once intake does receive it then its going to have to come back for revision. Hopefully we won’t have to go through another 2-6 months of waiting.

Ok lets get onto some Science Fiction. Robert J Sawyer’s FlashForward pilot debuted the other day on I think ABC. Unfortunately I missed it. I’m working nights so I miss all the good stuff. Entertainment tonight the other night was talking about it. Even though I haven’t seen the show yet, it’s based on the Robert J Sawyer novel of the same name and I’ve been following the threads in his email group. It’s nice too see fresh original Science Fiction for a change. I think its airing on this Sunday night at 8:30pm. I’ll look around the listings for it tonight.

Last night we were able to watch the Oiler/Tampa Bay Lightning game broadcast out of Winnipeg. And this was by accident. TB was the Home team. The game was in the MTS center and there were a lot of Winnipeg Jet jersey’s in the crowd. Also a few “Bring back the Jets” banners hoisted here and there in the arena. The game was tied at 3 until our own D decides to take a foolish penalty during the closing minute. TB scored 4-3.

Excellent! I got my $20 and $3 for a 6/49 ticket and I don’t need to go up to my bank. Good stuff. I can go get my ticket bring that VP stuff into bm and hopefully get that in motion, get my cheque and then hunt for the empties put my 3.5 hours in and head over to Audrey’s and get one of the Star Wars books and head home.

Anyway gang, that’s about all for now

Jim

No comments: