Monday, September 14, 2009

I had a great Sunday....

and I would like to have at least another day off before I go back to work but I'm lucky I have a job. What with so much unemployment around here. Right now our jobless rate is at 7.4%. A year ago we were at 3.5%!

The recession first broke here in Edmonton around October but the signs were there around August of last year. How long will this recession last? Hard to say.

Alright, enough of that. SF Signal yesterday had a great YouTube clip on Steampunk. I always thought Steampunk was a sub genre of Cyberpunk. Boy was I wrong. In a way Steampunk is alternate history what with merging the industrial revolution with SF elements. Some would say Jules Verne is Steampunk.

The only down side to Sunday was that I kept on getting this eye irritation like having an eyelash in ones eye.

Anyway gang that's about all for now

Jim

No comments: