Saturday, January 3, 2009

Its a cold one this morning folks

Yes it’s -32C out there. Without the wind chill. It’s going to be pretty chilly heading out this morning but the good news is it’s also supposed to warm up this week to just under about -10C. That’s not to bad.

I don’t like to talk money here but Anne was successful in getting the funds for the balance of our January rent, so the Xbox 360 is mine and it‘s brand new out of the box, not a refurbished or bought from a pawn shop unit. It was supposed to be a Christmas present but we didn’t know if we were going to be able to get at our dwindling reserve funds due to this credit crunch and all. Credit isn’t our problem since we don’t rely on it even if we had access to it. LOL! Its mostly Anne’s fund not mine anyway. I have nothing to do with it. But I have most of the funds for my website thanks to my wife. At least January’s rent is paid and we’re both employed.

So Anne had to rush out of here for work and as I was about to compose an entry about 1pm when she comes rushing back saying the LRT (train) isn’t working. I might want to leave earlier. She left right away. Latter according to local news on the radio at 2pm they said it was a broken wire or something at Churchill station. Everything from Churchill to the Health Sciences Center (HSC) was running fine. It was just the East leg that LRT crews were working on. An hour after that they were still hard at work. Even while I left out of here after shutting everything down, crews still hadn’t fixed the problem yet but Anne said they had contingency buses available. I left out of here about 10 minutes earlier and boarded a #2 bus at Clairview (knowing it’s route) and I was across the street from Audrey’s about 4:35pm. I made it to my dialer plenty of time before the start of the shift.

Greg came up to me right away and brought me my pay cheque. He said he gave the $20 last week (before my vacation (VP) pay fiasco) to JT. Other casualties in that VP incident besides my website are my Lodge dues. Fortunately I have about 80% of my website funds available. Add that and working extra hours next week (Jan 5th) will get me the necessary funds for my website balance. Since at my job I’m always one week behind. Anything I work for this week for instance won’t show up until the week after. It’s always been like that where I work. I’ll work another 3 extra days for my Lodge dues and pay that off in early February.

I had a ten minute chat with my friend Supie and he gave me a few decent mid risks low cost-shares-market leads to look at. I’m going to try and follow through with these next month or so. I’m going to try and test the market waters with about $500 to lose. If these stocks go up great if not and they remain steady, fine. Live and learn but their mid risk and non US Canadian companies. Ok enough of that.

I had a good start to the shift feeling pretty good about the calls I was making. My CC sales were up as I ended up with 7 CC sales on the night and top total for about $775 on a first night back from the holidays. Good start to the year. Also, our phone room wasn’t full. I mean for a Friday night and pay cheque night. Well that’s the main reason for that.

I even received a $15 bonus for on my cheque next week, Wuwho! Okay that in mind I needed to head over to Audrey’s, what with the fact I’m going to be behind on everything for about 2 weeks regardless and I don’t want to leave myself broke for 2 weeks either.

So I went book shopping at Audrey’s. At the special order desk I wasn’t in the mood to pick up the 2 Star Wars books waiting there. The guy at the desk said they could put them back on the shelves if I didn’t want them. I ordered them and I’ll honor that order. So after browsing around in the brief 20 minutes I had left in the store before closing I found one of the “Dragonlance” novels. A book #1 of no less and I had it in my hands still looking around for something science fiction to buy. I came across John Varley’s “Titan” out of the old (mid 1970’s) Gaea trilogy. It’s being reprinted. They have all 3 books there but I only had enough for book #1 Titan. I read some of Varley’s short fiction and I liked what I read. Since I’m going to be 2 weeks behind on my bills anyway I picked it up.

That said I went down to the LRT. I wasn’t sure yet at this time if the LRT had been fixed yet. While waiting, I read a bit of “Helix.” I’m on page 115 something and enjoying this. So far about 20% into this thing and all I can say is, what a ride. I’m loving it. So sure enough the Clairview LRT came by. Would it stop at Churchill and I’d have to take a connecting bus home? Churchill came and went. Stadium. By this time I figured I was in the clear. With my new book and home I did my admin stuff and settled into watch Smackdown.

Anne came in about 11:30pm and made me a nice lunch for ECW. I was able to watch a bit of this and turned it off when the wrestling character “The Boogyman” came on. I hate this character. Ok enough of this and I said my goodnights to my wife and went to bed listing to a bit of Coast and I passed out.

I got up about 5 hours later feeling alright and ready to take on the day. I’m out of here about 9am and I’ll go into Tim’s and get my breakfast and bring my insulin with me. After that it’s over to Audrey’s to get the last of the trilogy. I’ll hop on a bus to City Center mall get a bite to eat at the food court a bag of chips and head home get some admin stuff done and answer some email and go have a nap for a few hours. Anne’s got a plate of something for me for later. I’ll get up about 5:30pm get some stuff done and settle into watch the Oiler’s hosting Dallas. I like to read during intermission.

Tonight when Anne gets home after she’s settled in we’re going to set up the Xbox and get that underway. Also if there’s time, we want to order “Dark Knight,” perhaps on Sunday. We’ll see.

Anyway Bloggers, that’s all for now

e. Jim

No comments: