Sunday, January 11, 2009

A good day today

We turned in about 3am last night. Anne had given me a sleeping pill to help me sleep. It did the trick. Other then getting up to use the bathroom I slept pretty good and woke up about 1:30pm with a slight headache. Anne mentioned she was going out and I thought it was to Superstore across the street. Ok. About an hour later the buzzer rang. I was dressed only in my shorts. Usual state of affairs for a stay at home all day. About an hour after Anne had left I heard the intercom buzzer go off. Anne forgetting her house keys, again. I buzzed her up and as I opened the door, it was Donna, Anne’s sister. WTF?

I said in the opened door, I’ was “slightly in disposed. Hold on a minute.” I put something on to receive her inside. I explained what happened to Anne as I thought she went across the street to get a few things so I “entertained” Donna as best as I could as we waited for Anne. Donna asked not to say anything that she was here She wanted to surprise her. About an hour later Anne comes in wondering what these shoes were doing by the door. Why am I dressed up, “WTF is going on?” She was totally surprised. Donna took us out over to Applebee’s here on 50th st and I had a burger. I think they had chicken cacciatore or something. They weren’t impressed, We had a nice cheesecake cup desert had a chat for awhile and off to Tim’s drive through. Donna always pays for dinner while she’s here because it’s on her company’s expense card for family.

Donna drove me home with my medium Tim’s coffee taking Anne back with her to Donna’s downtown Hotel room where the girls get together. Anne takes the train back. Most likely she’s still at the hotel room. The Oiler’s/St. Louis game was just getting under way. I said hello to Boots all locked up in there during intermissions. I still have a slight headache. The Oiler’s finally won a game at home. Good stuff.

So I’m having the rest of the night off to myself. Good stuff.

I couldn’t get into Mary Rosenblum’s “Horizons.” Its Cyberpunk and I hate Cyberpunk. It’s too over the top, too exaggerated. Real people don’t talk like that. One thing I’ll say for the sub genre is that the style is consistent. So right now I’m reading William C. Dietz “Runner.” So far it’s turning out good. I don’t read a lot of military fiction but I enjoyed Joe Haldeman’s “Camouflage” a few years ago. That was good. All in all I had a pretty good weekend. There was the Lodge on Friday night, then into work Saturday morning. I had a great night last night to myself. I worked a little on my short story. Donna came in from Winnipeg and took us out to dinner. I watched the Oiler’s win. This was a nice weekend.

Anyway Bloggers, that’s all for now.

e. Jim

No comments: