Sunday, January 18, 2009

I slept well overnight

I was up about noon and I got dressed and headed out and over to EB games a couple blocks up the road from here. It was a good 10 minute walk in the warm sun. Yes we’ve had one of the warmest days I think on record for a mid January day: +8C and on a nice Sunny day felt like Spring out there. It was slippery going as I walked all the way up to Victoria trail. Since there was no exit lane or a path I had to make my own through the snow. I got to EB Games noticing a bench I could sit down on. People must have thought me nuts dressed in my winter parka. I was sweating as well looking for a copy of “Oblivion.”

A few minutes later I found a copy used. After five minutes in a line up the clerk checked for scratches on the disk. The copy was badly scratched. She had to go in the back, with me holding up one of 2 servers at the counter for 20 minutes with a line forming behind me. Much to the people’s relief behind me I was able to get a clean copy of the disks. Most likely all she did was go in the back and ran a cloth with some CD-scratch-disk removing paste. $60 for a used copy yet. Most of the games for the Xbox 360 are still being made for the 720p format.

I sat on the bench and rested enjoying the nice warmth of a Sunday Spring like afternoon, That was a nice taste of Spring after that 15 day cold snap of -24C. Tomorrow it’s supposed to get up to +13C! Unreal for January. And to think we’ve got about another 12 weeks of winter yet. Usually by the first week in April the snow is sitting there piled up in shopping center lots all across the city. I enjoyed the walk back except for the odd bit of ice patches here and there.

Anne was still sleeping when I got in. I was disappointed there was no Oiler free telecast hockey this evening but the Oiler’s won their special Glen Anderson evening 6-3 over Phoenix. Hemsky’s back from his injury so the Oiler’s can get going again. They play a key critical game on Tuesday against Columbus.

Anne made us a breakfast/supper brunch and after that I played “Oblivion.” I built a character and got started learning the controls that sort of thing. This is going to be one fun game to play.

Other then that not much going on. I’ve been listening to some Beatles studio outtakes of their music. Some interesting stuff. They were a hard working band. I had a bit of a dream about John Lennon and where I was when I heard the news that he got killed. I was stunned. It took me a week to recover from the news. As much as I love classic rock, other then The Clash, the Beatles were one of my favorite bands but what did it for me was the music of The Clash. It brought back a sense of excitement of hearing Rock n’ roll for the first time. This was a band that had something to say. I could relate to them. It wasn’t until I got onto the Internet years later I discovered Joe Strummer was born the same day as me. August 21st 1952. I kind of share a bond with Joe Strummer. So The Clash and The Beatles did it (music wise) for me.

I’m still reading “Runner” and it’s a good read. I'm talking more about it over at my website's blog. Similar to this blog but it gets more atention. It’s getting a lot better and my goal is to try and finish it before the end of this month before I move on to the sequel “Logos Run.” “Runner’s” breath of language isn’t as strong as “Helix‘s” was but “Runner” still has a charm of its own. I’ll stay with it.

One of my Online friends J face booked me the other day about a game he’s working on. I haven’t been able to get to him yet or I’m not sure I want to get involved to a large degree. Maybe a small degree I can get involved. I’m waffling here.

Ok, moving right along, Tonight on Coast their going to be talking about “Stargate files.” Great. I’ll be in early for this. Since hearing about Cern I’ve thought that Cern could be like Stargate. Cern might not have the power to be like Stargate but Cern could be our next best thing.

Anyway Bloggers, that’s all for now.

e. Jim

No comments: