Tuesday, May 4, 2010

We got snow in May

couple of days here. Yesterday afternoon I finished reading "Crossing the line." I enjoyed it and I'll return back to the Wes'har series later this year. I'll have a bit of a "review" of this book later tonight when I get home from work.

Right now I'm reading something a little out from my usual comofrt zone of SFF. "Night Shift" by Lilith Saintcrow is my first stab at reading urban fantasy and as I'm 20 pages into this thing, its not too bad. I like the writing and its in first person.

Over night we had a whack of snow on the ground. We're getting what Calgary had over the last weekend. I'll try and get a photo up. This early May snow storm is not uncommon this time of year around here, anything can happen.

Podcasts are great. I've got about half a dozen on my ITouch right now. I'm subscribing to "Starship Sofa," "Mysterious Universe," "Aware," "Logans run," "Slice of Sci-Fi," and of course "Puck daddy." I like Starship Sofa the best and ITunes lets me subscribe to these podcasts. I hook my ITouch to my PC and after a brief sync ITunes opens up and searches for new episodes and downloads them right to my ITouch, for free. I haven't figured out how to delete podcasts I no longer need to free up space on my ITouch. I've got about 6.5 Gb/7.1Gb of space left. I think when I get a second part time job I'm going to get the 64Gb ITouch.

This weekend Robert J. Sawyer is coming to Audrey's books for a reading and a signing. I'd like to get Robs's "Watch," but I'm so short of descretionary funds this year and I'm lucky if I can get 1 book/month. Anne wants me to put in the extra 2 hours for Saturday but even though I can't buy "Watch" at least I can to go to the reading after work. I'll try and do the Friday afternoon shift to make up for Saturday afternoon. It's the Lodge night thing that is getting in the way of things this month. .

Speaking of podcasting and the playoffs, Montreal won game #2 with the Pens, their series is tied at 1 as they go into the Bell center tonight. Go habs go! Last night Chicago split a home at home and they tie their series at 1. The Flyers and Boston are I think tied at 1. Red Wings/Sharks, Sharks are leading that series 2-0. If the Habs can take out the Pens -yeah, right- and SJ can take out Detroit, then we got new Stanley Cup champs this year. I'd love to see a Habs/Vancouver match up in the finale.

Tonight, I'm at the 5-9 for a snowy Spring evening but luckily for me we got monitors all over the place so I can get an occasional glimpse of the playoffs in between calls. I had a great site line to the monitor above Jerry's desk at the end of our tap dialers but for some reason as soon as Patrick left that dialer and I settled in the last 2 systems went and crashed on us. Something to do with the power grid. Why those two systems, I don't rightly know. Maybe its because we're using very old computers. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments: