Thursday, April 22, 2010

It's been a busy couple of days here

Most of my free time over the last few days has been eaten up by trying to get the wifi on my Itouch to get fixed up. I opened up an ITunes account. I’m checking YouTube and the Forums and learning a lot of information on routers. My router did not come with a password when I got it last November. It’s a Belkin N150. For the most part it’s a decent router but has the tendency to suspend my Internet Explorer occasionally. I’m using my laptop to type this with my router on Wifi. I’ve tried all kinds of things and all kinds of password schemes. I tried admin, 1234, take my system off line for 30 seconds and reboot. Since my router didn’t come with a password, it allowed me to make one up. Nothing. I even went into the routers admin page and got the Wep key and typed that into the Itouch. I tried a dozen different things but still I can’t get onto Safari I even toyed around with changing the DSN settings. All I get is incorrect password for my network. The thing is the ITouch at least recognizes my network name but no matter what I do, I access the Internet from my Itouch. I got the 3rd gen version. I know this works because other people I’ve met and know, tell me it does and I‘ve seen the browser work on YouTube.

Other then that not much else is going on. Weather wise here it’s been very dry here in Northern Alberta and on the rest of the prairies. We really need rain. Back in the 1980’s we used to get a lot of rain. Sometimes it would last for 2 solid days or more, now we’re lucky we get a weeks worth of rain in a year.

Anyway, I’m going back to play around with this thing. Vinny from work says there’s a free says there’s a free program he wants me to download. He’s going to gain access to my laptop (the one I’m using now that he fixed for me last month) from home. I guess I’ll be plugging in my ITouch USB cable to call up ITunes and he’ll help me set things up from his location. We’ll probably do this on Sunday or Saturday night. I hope. Anyway, that’s about all for now.

No comments: