Saturday, May 22, 2010

I love the May long weekend

It’s been about a year now that I’ve signed onto Goodreads. It’s pretty good. I’ve got about 8 friends reading the same book or types of books I’m reading. I Haven’t figured out how to work the “follow” feature.

Looks like its trying to clear up out there. The Sun seems to be poking out through the cloud cover. It’s going to be a cooler weekend.

But at least I got some hockey to watch even though CBC has the game on at 1pm today. I’ll be able to catch some of it from 1-2pm and miss a good chunk of it on the way home but at least the Chicago/SJ game #4 is on Sunday. I’d love to see Chicago sweep SJ. First time Chicago in the finale since 1991.

According to my stat counter I’m getting about 20 hits/day this month. Since this isn’t content for the masses, that’s not to bad. I might be moving that Google ad somewhere else on the page and removing that Spot ad altogether since it’s not making me any money.

The contingency buses were running this morning. Oh, I had forgotten that the LRT would be shut down from Clairview to Corona. For the last few weeks ETS was adding new track from the tunnel entrance at 91st street. ETS was providing shuttle service from Clairview to downtown but at the Library the driver in broken English mentioned Churchill station. I ws on the street at this time. Something inside of me said I should have taken the day off. I walked over to Jasper Ave by about 99th street and decided I’d walk the rest of the way down to 106th and hang a left. I strolled in shortly before 10am and even got a preferred dialer 6 feet in front of the TV to watch the game at 1pm. Or what I could watch of the game. We did MF again (uggh) but I was getting sales. No credit cards. The second half as a bit easier. JT was there and we were tossing paper balls around having a bit of fun. I was contemplating working the afternoon extra hours but they canceled it. Just as well.

I walked with Will as far as Corona and I was going to wait for a #2 bus but a contingency bus arrived. I boarded that since the busses are more or less express. I listened to my Itouch along the way home. All the Lilac bushes our out in full bloom now. The driver wouldn’t let me out along the stop by my place so I had to go to Clairview. I got a regular bus and at the corner here I saw Anne across the street as I was waiting for the light to change. She didn’t see me.

I got inside taking the stairs as she was just coming off the elevator. I got the last period of the Flyers\Habs game. 2-0 Philadelphia. Yikes, the Habs are in trouble. They could be out by Monday night. Yet this playoff season they’ve been the comeback kids, coming back from Washington and then Pittsburgh. So never say never. At least I’ll be able to watch the Chicago/Sharks game at 1pm tomorrow. Crazy time of day for a hockey playoff game. I remember seeing the NY Islanders this day 30 years ago today take out the Flyers and it was over by 4pm.

Speaking of which it was 30 years ago today Richard, Ellen and I saw Star Wars “The Empire strikes back.” That was a special weekend. I’m glad I recorded that time in my original diary. I wish I was into photography and had a Polaroid back in the day. I would have asked a passerby; “Scuze me sir, would mind snapping a photo of us three?“ I’d have loved a photo of us 3 in the movie line up. Where have all the years gone?

That’s another reason why I’d like the Iphone because it can take video and photos. I’ve been hearing on places like YouTube and Cnet that an Itouch with a camera is coming this summer. I don’t believe it. I’m surprised Apple didn’t include a camera in the 3G version of the Itouch in the first place. Maybe they want to see what the success of the Ipad will be like. Anyway, that’s about all for now.

No comments: