Friday, November 6, 2009

We're more or less over Pleges

as it's been 15 days now since we've been without him. Anne's still coping with the loss of her father as of last Friday. October was a horrible month.

So here we are in November with nice weather. Yesterday we got up to a high of +17. Very unusual for this time of year.

Last night at the Lodge was step up night and one of the guys gave me a hand me down case for my apron and not to worry about the book because they had extras. I got to do the Junior Steward role. Or chair. I was kept busy as we had the DDGM and his entourage and the Stewards had duty there and and then balloting duty as well. It was also our Remembrance Day ceremony and we held a moment of silence for fallen members that died either from cancer etc. So this was unusual duty for the Stewards. Also after lodge was closed I couldn't find my cell phone. George said it was found in his truck. Close call.

I had a great night last night. And I'm in a new chair. Next year I'm the Senior Steward. Good stuff.

Anne agrees with me that going in for Friday afternoon wont solve anything when I can make up the hours Saturday. I lose an hour and a half. Big deal. Now it's on to read "The Family tree."

Anyway gang, that's about all for now

Jim

No comments: