Sunday, November 15, 2009

I had a good day Saturday after all. I can't complain

Surprisingly my back pain eased off for my commute into work this morning. This was the coldest Saturday morning so far since getting back from my Sunday shift which was canceled about Labor Day. It wasn’t a winter jacket type of day or anything. At Corona the escalator wasn’t working again. I took the elevator up with one of the “20” guys and I went into Tim’s and got some breakfast, I was running late and into the office. The security guard was actually pleasant to me this morning. My breakfast was good and I was at my regular dialer. Warren sat across from me. Brian sat beside me (one of the new guys.) I had a good start to the shift and got a few cards. I also got a hold of some rude people. Comes with the job. Our dialer's were shut off for awhile there. The shift was fun with Warren running co pilot with me. We watched University football on Shaw.

After work I got the empties and had a talk with the guard. He’s a really nice guard and we have a lot in common. I had a great time chatting with the guard after work for about 40 minutes but wouldn’t you know it, this could be his last night on site because he wants his old site back.

I headed over to Audrey’s feeling pretty good and I got Book #3 of John Ringo’s “When the devil dances” and in keeping with my topic about audio books I had a chat with the guys at Audry’s about them. Audrey’s audio books start at $15, which is pretty pricey. At “Audible.com” (Amazon) his audio books are priced right at $7.49.

Now I wouldn’t want a steady diet of audio books but I can see their value. Especially when helping me to improve my reading speed. But I could possibly buy 2 audio books/month. Maybe. The problem with audio books is the price and selection. Of course audio books are at the library but chances are I’m not going to find “The Family tree” there. Yes they are available from Torrent sites but chances are there’s probably about 3 seeds for these things.

Jim

No comments: