Saturday, November 21, 2009

Weekends books and Oiler games

I went to bed immediately after ECW and listened to a bit of Coast. Art Bell wastakining over for George. I listned for about 5 minutes having got a drift of the topic: Intention. I slept until about 3am and got up to pee and Anne not able to see me in the dark and on the toilet collided with me. I wasn’t able to get back to sleep after that so I got up about half an hour ago and in back pain and went back to sleep but couldn’t and rested my back. I got up about 6:35am feeling a little better but not so taking a look outside to a blanket of snow out there.

We had Boots in overnight with my office window openand it looks like he jumped off the balcony or is under the lawn reclainer.

Anne’s working from 4:30-10pm and I’m in from 10-4:30pm. That will get me 25.5 hours in. Most hours I’ve had in a week since over 2 years ago.

I’m not one for abandoning books but what made me feel bad about abandoning “The Family tree” by Sheri S. Tepper, was I actually liked one of the characters in the book. The other book I casted adrift into the couldn’t read pool was Julie E. Czerneda’s, “In the company of others.” Hopefully I won’t get any more books like that this year.

Last night after work I went over to Audrey’s. The pill I just took for my back was kicking in.
When I went through the doors I noticed they had an author signing. I felt my blood sugar level dropping and asked the clerk there if they had anything left over but there was nothing soft. I’d get a donut from Tim’s across the street on my way home. I didn’t want to get “The New Space Opera 2” just yet as even though I had enough to cover for it, I didn’t want to break the bank and I would have and nothing in case I needed breakfast Saturday morning. Instead I picked up Brian Ruckley’s Winterbirth. Book 1 in the trilogy as book 2 is already on Audrey’s shelf. I took that to the counter and after paying for it I asked Trevor to order me the first 3 books in LE Modessit Jr.s “Recluse” series. I was almost going to pick up book one of John Ringo’s “Looking Glass” but I’m still working on his Posleen war series.

After Audrey’s I went to Tim’s and got my donut and coffee and relaxed in no particular hurry to get home. But I waited for the LRT with my empties and got home with no Anne there. So I did my admin stuff. So far this week alone I banked $850 in cards. Wow. I bank for the company 4 times more then what they pay me and probably at least 8 times more that’s not banked on cards, in total. And so far this week, I’ve got 18 cards in and it’s not even Saturday.

The big game on tap tonight is Chicago/Edmonton. I’m looking forward to this. The Oiler’s have played 22 games so far and enjoy a 9-10-3 record. Next year we get Jason Erbele in the line up and that Sweedish defence player. Chicago has just come off that win with Calgary the other night. Also, Sunday is the CFL playoff finale: Calgary/Rider’s. Should be a good one.

The only Lodge thing I‘ve got to do is the FC WT for Dec. 3rd. It’s a short piece I’ve done before. As for today, I’m glad I got my book last night what with all this snow out there and my bad back might make things very icey out there. I might stay for the extra 2 hours after all depends on how I feel. If my back is holding up ok, then I will.

I’ll snag a photo of the first snow fall out there when I go to work late and post it in this entry.

No comments: