Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Monday wan't bad

Yesterday on the job was slow because we had limited numbers on WCS. Odd that there were very few empties around. Then again we had a low turnout as well for the afternoon shift. During the 2nd half we did some shuffling and some of us did WCS others like me did AES and I did a lot better on AES pulling in about $620 for the whole shift and just 1 credit card sale for $20.

I was glad to get out of there and on the train where I read a couple of pages of “Rainbows end” on the way home. If all goes well I should have this book read by Sunday night. If not earlier. I spent so far 25 days reading this. The best book I’ve read so far this year has been the first book in January, Eric Brown’s “Helix.” Speaking about books, I still haven’t received my contest wining book give away from Pat’s fantasy hot list. I’m sure it’s on it’s way.

They had their “Slammies” on Monday night Raw, so it was a 3 hour “award” show. On a scale from 1-10, I’d rate the show about a 7.5. Nothing special.

Anne’s watching “Star Trek academy” on the DVD we rented from last night. I’d like to see it again but it has to be in by this afternoon. I saw 2 first run movies this year: “GI Joe” and “Star Trek academy.” Both were fun movies.

Over there at Goodreads in my Sci-fi/fantasy book club the January book to read poll, has a nice list of the books to vote for the month of January. The theme for January is SFF books by a woman author. I polled Karen Travis’s “City of pearl” as I own the whole series but haven’t read them yet. So far Margrett Atwood’s (uggh) “Oryx and Crake” are in the lead with 10 votes. My sellection has only 5 votes.

I just checkd this on the Coast site and apparently there’s been another spiral light that’s been spotted in Norway. What the heck is really going on over there? Ok the first spiral being a Russian rocket out of control I can understand but 2? This is getting silly now.

According to SF Signal on Interzone, the magazine has some stories about Sky pirates, witches and other good stuff. I’ve been trying to locate a store that sells Interzone locally so I can pick up a copy once in a while. I mean you can’t go wrong with a story about sky Pirates, right?

And finally the Oiler‘s play host to the LA Kings coming to town tonight. I‘ve got a $5 bet on the Oiler‘s losing the game with one of the guys from work. Sadly, I think the Oiler’s luck has run out on that last 5 game winning streak. I believe that last 5 game road trip has run its course with the Copper and Blue. Anyway that‘s all from me for today.

No comments: